Thursday, July 19, 2012

hello, Mr. Nilsson


"Where have you put your jacket and hat?"

Still prototyping like crazy over here*. Not sure about separate jacket and pants for Nilsson. Maybe I'll try integrated.

There seems to be some debate about the color of Ms. Longstocking's clothes. I'm feeling loyal to the blue homemade dress with red patches that is in the book I have, but a reader tells me a yellow homemade dress and blue spotted underpants was in her beloved childhood Pippi book. Not to mention the movie version of Pippi that has an entirely different green/orange look which many love.

Good thing is, you can make her dress and stockings whatever color or print you like. That's the lovely, lovely thing about DIY.

*Due to trademark concerns, this will not be available as a pattern. See this post for the details!

11 comments:

  1. My son has already put in for one. When I first made Mikey we had just read Pippi and he was calling Mikey Mr. Nilsson. (Now he's named Mojo). We love your Pippi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular! How about incorporated pants with the separate jacket? Provides more options maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg you are too much - i can't wait to see the finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you really have me now....I absolutely have to have these patterns to go with the baby bunny I love from your collection....I adore Mr. Nilsson! I like the idea of changeable clothes.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg....LOVE it!!!! These lovely characters plus the Pippi book would be the perfect gift for a little girl's birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so many great ideas and not enough hours in my day. Loved Pippi as a kid and my daughter is enjoying her too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Larissa, I agree today that the blue dress is nicer with the orange hair. I just imagined that _as a 6 year old_ I would have asked for a yellow dress just like in my book. ;-) Maybe my intention was not so clear because of language issues, sorry. Sure everyone can make the dress as she/he wants. And maybe it´s even better to have her pattern a little different from the book if there are copyright issues, who knows? Anyhow - I can´t wait for this pattern, it´s too cute. Let´s make Pippi (and Mr. Nilsson) with clothes in all colors of the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Needle Little Balance, no offense taken in the least. Actually after your comment I thought I might make one with a yellow dress because it sounded especially nice with red hair! LOL. And speaking of copyright issues, yes, there ARE some which I've just discovered. So this pattern is actually not going to be finished. But what fun it was to make some Pippis and monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute. Even if they won't be an official pattern, it's so fun to see them. Very inspiring.

    Her face has so much expression it just makes me smile looking at it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!